She puts herself in time out!!!!

When I ask DD 2.5 to do something she doesn't want to do she tells me 'NO- I go to time out!' and then walks to the steps(time out spot) crosses her arms and sits down. What do I do with that?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL too funny!! Sounds like a smartie... This is wht I would do... Instead asker her to do something tell her it is time to do wht ever it is you want and if you have too take her by the hand and motivate her... Good luck...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 6:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sounds like you need another punishment! I think it sort of goes down hill when they punish themselves and prefer the punishment over doing something. :-)
    Sounds so cute though!
    How about taking some favorite toy away, or a favorite show when she doesn't do something?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• She's a trip! I have tried the taking a toy thing and she just says 'okay- you put it in the trash!' WTH? lol. Crazy kid.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well I give you credit for not laughing. Of course, after the second time it probably wasn't funny anymore.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Oh I laughed the first time. He 'mad' face is hilarious. I would post a pic in here but I have no idea how.

But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My son does this too - Or when he isn't listening and gets something taken away, he says, OK, I will get that back in 2 days then. really??? or once we threatened to give the toys he didn't want to pick up to the baby down the street and he thought that was just a great idea.. guess don't threaten with things you can't follow through on is what we learned with that one.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• LOL, well then make time out something more than sitting. Make time out in a room alone, no toys.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010