How do I get my daughter to wrap up her sanitary pads before tossing them in the trash?

My daughter is a bit lazy and I'm always yelling at her to wrap up her sanitary pad before she puts it in the bathroom trash. It's gross and smelly. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Make her in charge of taking out the trash every time she uses one!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i dont know how old she is? i think if she is younger it would help to explain to her the options (either wrap them in the new wraper or in toilet paper) then explain to her that it does smell and is a personal matter and by not wrapping them it is not keeping it a personal matter and it is not lady like. Sorry momma, best I got for ya.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 4:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Start picking them up and putting them on her bed.One or two times of that and she will wrap them. That is really gross. I have been to women'a houses and seen that and want to barf everytime.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 4:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• How about buying little bags that are ment for picking up dog crap or putting diapers in and have her put it in there,tie it up and trash it. They have bags that smell like baby powder or roses. Helps dirty diapers. Just wrapping it up wont help the smell but the bags will.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree with Milly! put them on her bed! or put the trash can on her bed!!
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That's gross advice,I really don't know what to tell you.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• well, you could put it on her bed and provide those little bags. or just tell her that you are going to stop buying them if she can't straighten up and she will have to walk around with toilet paper in her pants all day.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 4:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• take a things she like until she cooperates
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 8:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• take her back in the bathroom and watch her throw that out! or tell her that she will be changing the trash every day till she can be more respectful and clean that up. its not sanitary....and she should be doing it. Just tell her, and if she doesnt do it..treat her like a child and bring her in the bathroom, and make her do it ;)
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• get her a box of those cheap store brand ziploc bags and ask her to put them in there.I think you ladies are overacting a bit!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010