Am I wrong for what I did I need your honesty please!

I'm 19 wks pregnant and I have been really sick with this pregnancy and when I get finished eating I get a really bad taste in my mouth and it makes me nauseous so I eat a mint. My step son came over for a wk and saw them and asked could he have some I said yes just a couple I use those mints for the bad taste in my mouth. Well I went looking for them and couldn't find them my 5 yr old found them and gave them to me and there was only 5 left out of the full can I had and I was upset and posted on facebook that I was upset to the mother about what the child did and that I didn't appreciate it and he owes me another can lol she took offense to it and all her friends started bashing me. I also said that I found a peanut butter jar hidden behind my daughters dresser and I know it was him cause him and his daddy are the only ones in the house that eat with a big spoon peanut butter from a jar... there is more running out of spac

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Without even reading the rest, I'm gonna have to say yeah, you were a little wrong. There are so many other ways to tell her her son owes you a can of mints without putting it for all the world to see on facebook.
    You could have gotten another can and just told her next time you see her.
    Yes, he shouldn't have taken so many, but did you give him an exact number he could have?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would not have put that on facebook!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You do know that this is a child you are complaining about? If your mints are so precious; why would you let him help himself? Why not open the box yourself and make sure that he only takes the number of mints that you are allowing him? As for the peanut butter jar, did you see him do it? If not, it really isn't right to be blaming him for something you THINK he did.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• you didnt have to post it on facebook..lol you couldve just called her.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 4:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Maybe hide them better if you didnt want them to get eaten next time?
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I found it hidden behind her dresser with mold growing in it and I was pissed cause there is no telling how long that has been there and my child has been breathing that crap in and it's unsanitary of course I could be going through that nesting stage but I posted that on facebook too about her child doing that and all her friends starting bashing me calling me a wicked stepmother, that I was childish and acting highschool about something so trivial. It pissed the mother off so she told all her friends and they bashed me said give them my address so they can send me some mints and they would check their finances if they could send peanut butter they were horrible and mean and I cried and cried. I didn't mean any harm in it she even let her 15 daughter my step daughter bash me for being upset about that. Did I have a right to be mad and still be mad or is it just my hormones!??
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ya, probaly wouldnt have posted on FB. I dont think she owes you mints either, you should have been monitoring the child :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• well I think YOU are int he wrong because wasnt he in YOUR care when he ate them all ? .... that would be the same as if he broke something really valuable, YOU would still be at fault and YOU would still have to pay for it because he was in YOUR care...YOU were SUPPOSE to be watching HIM.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes, you are in the wrong IMO and facebook how old are we? You are also his stepmom you are going to have to deal with him for a long time and his mother. If my son had a stepmom who treated him like that...you better believe she will hear from me!!
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Why would you need a right to be mad? I don't understand why you are using Facebook as a means to communicate. If the comments are upsetting you that bad maybe you need a thicker skin or to think twice before you post something so petty???
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010