Do you think it's bad to brag? Do you brag?

I mean if you have worked very hard for what you have, do you think it's bad to say that you have something really nice. It may sound like a brag. Or is it better to keep nice things to yourself so you don't look like you are bragging? Sometimes I wan't to say something & I don't because I don't want another person to feel bad if they don't have it or something equal. My DH says "don't diminish what you have worked hard for". What do you think? People brag to me all the time and often I just say nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• here is a brag!!

my daughter three let her dad cut her toe nails and then her fingernails

no tantrum, no holding her down, no waiting until she is asleep

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it's a thin line, because although we are just trying to share are good news about what we got or did or are going to do, there are always going to be people who are going to feel bad, or get jealous. I've noticed in my life that if I am excited about something great not everyone is happy for me it's like they think I'm just bragging or showing off. So, I understand where your coming from....it's a tough one. Hey, just LIVE, LAUGH, and LOVE.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Bragging is tacky, and no, I don't do it. Sharing your excitement is okay, but flaunting money and other material things is very low class, in my opinion.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i only brag to people that i know want to hear about our accomplishments...my in-laws, my grandmother, my mother..usually they ask. I don't just go around telling the neverending story of my life to everyone
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Why brag at all? Your accomplishments and material things speak for themselves. No need to bring them up...
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• there are people you can brag to and people to whom you should not. If something wonderful happens because of hard work I can call my mom or my best friend and "brag". But with a mom on the playground I dont know that I would bring it up unless the conversation lead that way. And then it would be very mater of fact.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't think it matters how hard you've worked, because bragging just hurts/irritates other people and makes them not like you, so you have nothing to gain by bragging.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i brag about my kids but its a pride thing not an im better than you thing
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it depends on what it is, if its going to hurt someone or make someone feel bad then NO but if you a bragging to family and friends and it has nothing to do with them, then its ok as long as you dont always do it. I brag with i do good at school to my family because i am proud :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it's okay so long as you have more to say than just "I'm so great, look at all my cool stuff". There is a line between bragging and being happy about what you have, and rubbing it in someone's face.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010