Is one of you kids 'harder to raise' then the other(s)?

Why do you think it is? I know why my son is 'harder' than my daughter. He was diagnosed with HFA,ODD,ADHD so it makes him really really high strung and sometimes herd to manage or even gauge what he is thinking! I am curious if this is 'normal' in a home with all 'typical' children.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 9 year old has been the hardest for me out of the 4 kids. Adam is a very sweet, well behaved, thoughtful and lovable child, when he wants to be. There are times where he's very negative and very emotional (in a bad way) it breaks my heart because I don't know how to help him sometimes. Talking only gets so far with him before he shuts off from everyone. I don't understand how he is like that, he's growned up with nothing but love, my DH told me he was the same way as a child. Currently adam is seeing a therapist to help him work through his feelings, yes he's the hardes, but I love him so much, he's really a fun, awesome kid when he's not in his "zone".
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my daughter has autism, spd issues

hard!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• what is HFA?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My very gifted and ADHD son is definitely harder than my middle child. My middle one is compliant, avoids conflict, anticipates others feelings. My youngest is less like her older sis (the middle child) and more like her brother. I was hoping this wouldn't the case because we can only afford the smaller independent school for Jameson, as the hardest to raise and first born, he got that first and there's no more $ left for the girls! Middle daughter doesn't NEED it like he does (the constant stimulation, the small ratio) but I am truly hoping the baby doesn't but she acts just like my son did as a baby.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 4:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Oh Yes! My youngest daughter, hands down.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My oldest was the "perfect" child. Did what was asked of him. Didn't give us much trouble. Our youngest was our temper tantrum baby and picky eater. Never really knew what might come next with him!! :)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I only have one child. But my byoungest brother was alot harder on my mom I know
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 6:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes, my oldest is my problem child.  She hasn't been diagnosed but we know she suffers from anxiety (pretty extreme sometimes, too) and probably has ODD.  I spend 90% of my time just dealing with her so now the younger kids are acting up even more because I don't have time to deal with them and they want attention.  It's exhausting having a 10yo that acts like they are 2 but has the attitude and mouth of a 16yo.

There are days I consider sending her to live with other family members because I just can't deal with it any more.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My 2nd child is moody but other then tht nope both are great kids with little porbs. When my 2nd one is in a mood I leave her alone till she comes out of it...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 6:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't know that any one child is harder, I do know that each individual child presents a different personality and that sometimes I have a harder time figuring out the best way to deal with them.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010