Shampooing Carpets?

How often do you shampoo your carpets? I usually do it once a month but sometimes it seems like it needs it in the middle of the month too. Is that normal?

My3LittleGirls

Asked by My3LittleGirls at 5:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My husband and I own a carpet cleaning business where we use a low-moisture method. Carpets are not designed to be shampooed that often, and really not at all, getting the carpets that wet that often wears the fibers down too long and it promotes mold and mildew growth in the carpet, the padding and possibly even to the hardwood flooring you may have underneath!

Carpets can be deep cleaned 1-2 times a year. Our cleaning method lasts longer than traditional carpet cleaners so it's not necessary as often.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I like to do mine once a month but usually end up doing it twice because I have 2 small kids and 3 dogs and a very sloppy husband lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i try to do it once a month but sometimes its hard to find time
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• wow i do mine about twice a year!! I hate doing it..i would go nutz if i had to do it everymonth..how do you find time for that?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• How do you keep it clean then? Because with kids spilling stuff on the carpet and such I can never keep it clean. I end up getting spots and junk on it and I shampoo to clean those spots up. What should we do there?
    My3LittleGirls

Comment by My3LittleGirls (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010