do you think the second baby delivery is easier than the first?

im on my second and just nervous

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 5:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The contractions were about the same but I only pushed for 3 minutes with my second! I think you feel 10x better afterward with your second too. (might just be me) Warning my answer is getting into TMI territory... After my first my my crotch was so sore I thought I'd never have sex again. With my second it hardly bothered me at all. Easier, I dunno. Faster absolutely.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I pushed for 45 minutes with my first, and 10 minutes with my second. I think the contractions were about the same with both.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 5:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Mine were pretty different. I definitely didn't push as long or hard at the end, but was in labor longer. It's easier in that you know what to expect for sure though.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes!!! Labor has 1/2 of the first one and I only pushed about 4 times.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 5:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• mine def was my first was 24 hrs very painfull and my 2nd was 8 hrs and not that much pain now im 37 weeks with our 3rd i hope its even better lol gl and congrats
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• For me it was. with my second I went into labor on my own, my water broke without the doctor having to do it. I pushed 3 times and poof she was out vs. with my first i was induced, doctors broke my water and i pushed for about 45 minutes before my first was born. The only downside was that my labor was so fast i wasn't able to get the epidural.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 5:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No, the second one I had 36 hours of labor. She wouldn't settle on my cervix and I'd had enough. 45 minutes of breathing through pushing pains. Sorry I shouldn't be telling horror stories but thinking back I should have gone to an OBGYN. Love my family doctor but hind site is 20-20.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My first was easier!
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• For me it was harder.My first was a c-section.With my son my dr. induced me v/c I was a week over due date.Then I was in labor for 18 hours.My dr. couldnt get my son out so he had to use the vacumm.It tore my sons scalp and I tore from front to back.It was not a great experiance for me.
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 5:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My first labor lasted for 3 hours (including pushing), my second for 6 hours (including pushing), my third for 25 hours (including pushing)........my labors got longer with each child but every woman is different and every baby is different. I definitely think labor gets easier with each child only because you know more of what to expect. So even though it might last longer you will be better prepared for it.

Good luck!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 5:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010