• In the Spotlight:

How can i get this pet smell out of my couch?

i got this nice couch from my fiances mom but she had 3 dogs and they smelled very bad! The couch is in good shape but it smells like dogs bad

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 5:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pets

• Here is the best answer and I know this because I work in the pet indsutry. Go to your local petsmart and buy a gallon of Nature's Miracle. Pour it into your carpet cleaner and scrub your couch this needs to air dry but it will neutralize pet odors. Also good for stains of any sort I use it for my kids clothes. If you don't have a carpet cleaner put some in a spray bottle and generously spray your couch and use a scrub brus to work it into the fibers of the couch. Blot excess with towel and let air dry.
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You probably need to get it cleaned. A steam clean would be best.

you can spray and wipe it yourself. Nature's MIracle is an enzyme cleaner you use with COLD water for pet smells and stains.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Fabreez?? :)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• you can try febreeze for fabrics or you can try oxiclean.
    rainfey

Answer by rainfey at 5:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Do your cushions have removable covers to where you are able to wash them? If not, I would also suggest steam cleaning or a pet neutralizer like Nature's Miracle.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Personally I don't like Natures Miracle since the company has been sold. I like fabreeze. Try air-ing out the cushions.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2010