I was 19 when I had my son, I am now 33...So, I want to know if in a couple years I get pregnant again, will it be like a first pregnancy or will it be like a second?

I mean, what do you think? Opinions...

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 5:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, all pregnanies seem to be like a first pregnancy. I have yet to meet someone who has said their pregnancies were alike! LOL!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I had my first when i was 18...When i got preggo with my 2nd it was like a second. Then at 33 I got preggo with my thisrd...They were all very different, but i did show earlier with each!
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well to your body it will be like a second pregnancy, our bodies don't forget and the pathway has already been paved. BUT to you it will be like your first. We don't remember all the great things that happen when we are pregnant and all the not so great things. It will be wonderful! GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• in my limited math skills
    that would make it a second
    granted spaced apart far, but still a second
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• This is my fourth pregnancy but it's my second successful pregnancy and it is nothing like my first. I'm sick more often than my first. In a way it's like a new experience but not one I'd want to experience again.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I know all are different and I know it will be a second. But, when you have babies closer together, you body resopnds a certain way with the second than ith a first, however, with them SO far apart....I don't know if it will.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• dont worrry your body hasnt forgotten what its like to be pregnant and to give birth. Your brain might be a bit fuzzy, but your body knows just what to do!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's not like the first time, but I believe it's also different than a second pregnancy that happens within a few years of the first. I had my first daughter at 24, and my twins at 35. Some things were similar, and others were very different. Some of the differences were obviously due to having two babies the second time, but I think a lot of the difference was also due to my age. I think you handle the mental aspects differently too when you are older and more experienced.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Second. no matter how much time in between pregnancy ur body responds differently to each and every pregnancy. I think the only difference would be ur ages of pregnancy. ur body is certainly different from 19 to 33 so yes it might respond differently since you are more mature mentally and physically.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I found studies when I was pregnant that indicated pregnancies 10 or more years apart were not the same as pregnancies closer together. I know you can find studies to support just about anything, but this did make sense to me. When you have your babies closer together your body is in that groove, but when you wait a longer time it is a bit more of a shock to the system. My OB did agree with me on this.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010