Want to start a daycare

I have decided that I want to go back to school to get a degree and open my own daycare but I have no idea where to begin. Has anyone else opened a daycare or have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• You do not need a degree to open a day-care. I owned one for a while and I really loved doing it. First step will be to go to your DHR office and fill out an application and get a handbook. 2nd thing is to go to your courthouse or cuty hall and make certain there's no zoning restrictions for your neighborhood. Do NOT forget this part! I didn't know I had to do this and it turned out the house we lived in was and R1 which meant no businesses, only residential. So I couldn't open a day-care there and we had to actually move. Now the rest of it varies from state to state and even county to county so I'm not sure what all you'll have to do but everything will be explained in the handbook that you get from DHR. Good luck and I hope it goes smoothly for you! It's truly a rewarding career!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't think you need a degree to open a daycare.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think the first thing you need to do is figure out what you need to do to get liesenced in your area and then go from there....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes I have, I did it till i had to many kids of my own. I wrote a post about it on my blog. HomeCareerSuccess.com
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• it has always been my dream to have a daycare i love kids good luck
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 8:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010