Have you ever lost a pet in your house?

My daughter got 3 hermit crabs from the beach and she lost them in her room. I am freaked cause we can't find them. They are going to die.

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 5:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Uh oh! I haven't, but good luck! Crabs like to climb and burrow, try looking for anyplace they could get into to hide, like piles of clothes or even a hole in the mattress. Put out some water for them, maybe you'll get lucky and find one when he gets thirsty!
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 5:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sorry, but that's pretty funny. Poor hermit crabs. We lost our ferret one time. Well, kind of. We figured out she was stuck in the couch and we couldn't get her out for a few hours. We ended up having to cut the fabric on the bottoms of the couch to let her out.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We were painting the rooms in our house and my cat crawled in the furnace ducts and to make matters worse, she's deaf and I was pregnant and freaking out - you could hear here crying in there but couldn't reach or find her - luckily my husband grabbed a flashlight while I went outside and cried and got her out for me..ugh
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• They are hermity little boogers.
    I lost my hamster in our house when I was a kid.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I lost my hermit and my hamster in my house when I was little. Never found the hermit but found the hamster!

I lose my cats alot in my home, well not really lose, they just hide really well. I always call me DH freaking out to see if he has seen them but I usually find them by the end of the day in weird places.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• yaa, i lost a fish once..dont quite know how that happened..but i did..it was a blue fish, it was the only fish i had..and one day it was just gone!!!!! i thought maybe it jumpd outta the tank...but couldnt find it anywhere...lol..weeeeird!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I lost a cat about 10 years ago and never found her, I lost a snake when I was a kid--found him and he was hungry after being burried for a week under toys. I wish you luck finding those little guys.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No, but I was never allowed to have a hamster growing up because the neighbor's kids let all 4 of theirs escape and get into the walls.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• sorry to hear that.

i had a hamster escape once and got outside through the dryer vent hole and a stray cat got a hold of it =(
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010