Have you come close to stepping on a snake?

We went to a state park this weekend and went to the lake. We have never been to this park before but been to several other and never seen any snakes. Yesterday for the first time we saw a copperhead wrapped around a tree. I got scared and picked up the kids to find another trail. I found one that had rock steps. When I stepped on the rock another copperhead slid in between the rock I was going to step on. I was trapped and scared. We left my kids shoes by the lake and DH went to get them I took the kids to the car but he said he saw 3 more snakes.

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 5:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Alot of times when I was younger. My cousin and I used to play outside all day and we would take trails that led through the weeds and hills and we always encountered some kind of snake. Then more recently when my son was 2 he almost stepped on a rattlesnake in my mom's yard! Yuck snakes give me the creeps...
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• once i almost stepped on a water mocosin and once i was a kid and we would all go around picking up coke cans to recycle and i picked one up and a snake crawled out onto my arm..yikes!!! We had one in our garage a few months ago that somehow got in our window fan. My dh went to turn the fan on and the snake moved away..i heard him scream from the living room!! i've never heard him scream before..haha
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ohhh, one time i was walkin home from school, and i had to walk thru a catwalk that was about 100 feet long..and its just between houses, so it wast that big of a deal, however, one day i was walking, totally minding my own business and there was a snake just sittin there, it didnt move, and neither did i..lol..i was literally standing there for about 20 minutes, it didnt move!!! i tried throwing a stick at it, it wiggled, but didnt leave..finally another person came, and scooted the snake away!! my hero!! i think i was in grade 8 when this happened..and then when i got home my mom grounded me for being late..lol..i told her what happened, but she didnt believe me!!! so i was super pissed!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have snakes all over the place where we live. The ones here are harmless and I did step on one last summer. I was walking around barefoot in the front yard watering the flowers at dusk, and I stepped on him. Scared the crap outta me!!
    sprout.martin

Answer by sprout.martin at 5:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• OMG I would of had a fit I hate snakes!!!!!!!!
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• several times. most snakes are harmless garden snakes, but you still have to really watch out for the baby snakes. once they bite they cant let go.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No, we don't have a whole lot of snakes in the city.  But my husband is living out in a more rural area and he said he ran one over with the lawn mower the other day and saw 3 others last week.  He wanted me to find out what they were and from his description they were just garter snakes.  No big deal.  The kids won't like it, though.  They are such city kids.  They can handle traffic and buses and litter but wild animals and nature scare them, lol.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yuck, no. Thank god.. Lol. This onbe time i was riding my horse and he didnt see one slitherong infront of him and stepped on it and killed it. Well he prob did see it and didnt care. Im not sure..lol.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• the worst is when we went camping when i was a kid, i was about 9 yrs old and i had to pee so my dad told me to go behinf a tree, it was dark and i didnt look around very well and i peed on a snake, not sure what kind it was but it took off and freaked me out.

in the last town we lived in had garter snakes every where, and there was one on the side walk and i didnt see it until i stepped on and i screamed lol, my hubby thought it was funny cause normally im not scared of snakes, i used to have to get snakes out of the yard b4 my husband mowed, is scared of them. ironically we have a 3 ft python that the kids wanted, im stuck taken care of it and the only time my hubby gets close is when its in the cage.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010