An Indian guy wants to take me to India for free.

I am a 24 year old Russian girl living in Brooklyn, New York. I am very interested in Indian culture. I watch Bollywood movies with subtitles and practice yoga. I always wanted to travel to India, but I can't afford it. I am still in college. I have one more year left to graduate. I'm getting my Bachelors degree in Psychology. I don't have a job yet. Yesterday, I met an Indian guy who replied to my ad on craigslist. He is a 25 year old doctor. He told me that he will be going to India in August. He promised that he will take me there and pay for my trip. I would just need to have sex with him and pretend that I am his wife. I really want to travel to India, but I am afraid that this guy might be dangerous. He loves to watch porn. If you were me, would you travel to India with a guy you met online, or wait for one year until you will get a full-time job?

annalem

Asked by annalem at 5:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Is this for real?

HELL NO!!!!!! I wouldn't even be talking to him anymore if he required all that of me, much less be going with him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• This is a joke, right?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Are you kidding?? Sounds like a form of prostitution to me! Most likely he IS dangerous!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Are you a mother??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Are you nuts? Do you want to get smuggled in to the sex slave trade? DO NOT DO IT! They prey on beautiful women like yourself and sell them to traffickers. DO NOT DO IT!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Omg, don't do it!!!!! This is so obviously dangerous! You're thinking of prostituting yourself? And going to India with a stranger? And you have children?!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• banging head into wallbut I am afraid that this guy might be dangerous..................DUH!

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Honey, I dont care if he is from the moon. Any kind of an invite like that sounds very dangerous to me. He wants sex in return for taking you on this trip? Does that sound like a gentleman to you? You dont go anywhere with anyone, specially out of the country that you met on a dating site and have only known a short amount of time. No way,,,no, no, no
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• India is one of the highest human trafficking countries in the world. Obviously he's going to manipulate you into going there and then he's gonna sell you. DO NOT DO IT! Save up your own damn money and go with a group of friends that you trust. Not some random sick a-hole on craigs list.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• WHAT?!!! I can not believe a person would EVEN consider going. Uh NO NO NO, do not go anywhere with someone like that. GOOD GRIEF. What kind of person puts vile crap like that out there? You would be nothing more than a prostitiute and putting yourself in GREAT danger.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010