anxiety/panic disorders?

What does one feel like? I was laying in my dentists chair a few weeks ago and all of a sudden I just got this really strange sensation come over me,and i was really scared it took everything I had to try to focus on something and get out of it. I know my blood pressure needs to go down a lot to,it use to be 120/90 now its 140+ 90 so I know I'm out of shape. Also is it normal to get dizzy laying down in a dentist chair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• I was really close to asking the dentist to let me sit up,thats how bad it got. Its a scary scary feeling I hate it and it happens a lot more lately. I also wonder if its just my bp messin with me making me feel this way?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• When I get anxiety attacks I get this weird sensations of uneasiness and I kind of feel detached from myself. I have a hard time breathing, my heart races, I shake, and my hands will tingle or go completely numb.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• like you are going to die
    like you need to flee from whatever situation
    like you have to go outside
    like you are going to have a heartattack
    like you are going to pass out
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• When i have a panic attack, it feels like I'm a zombie on steroids. When I say zombie i mean like, I feel numb. I can not think clearly or rationally for that matter. I tend to shake severely. I feel a sense of doom, not really sure how to explain that. Sometimes I just feel nervous. It's not really a feeling of panic either. I will have to hyper focus on something to come out of it. I've been suffering from panic/anxiety attacks for years, seemingly triggered by nothing most of the time.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• BUT, i don't have them often anymore. If you feel like you are having this happen more and more, you may want to mention it to your doctor next time you go.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I experienced panic attacks after I had my thyroid killed with radioactive iodine. I felt very nervous and all my senses were greatly heightened. I was very jumpy, and my pulse was way too fast. It was like things were flashing and screaming at me from every direction. For instance, I was driving and all the other traffic seemed very loud and very close - just a car passing by made me jump like a firetruck was about to run me over. It was very scary.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• sounds like you have a dental phobia for sure that is triggering the start of a panic attack, they will only get worse unless you start dealing with the fear :( I only speak from experience.....I now have to be heavily sedated to even go to a dentist's OFFICE.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 6:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I get severe shakes, shortness of breathe, my bp sky rockets, severe feeling of dread (something bad is going to happen), light headed to the point I feel like I'm going to pass out and I sweat profusely.
    I have agoraphobia (fear of being outside) so I only get panic/anxiety attacks when I NEED to go somewhere other than that I'm okay as long as I stay inside....
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I feel like I can not breath, I need to go out side for fresh air.  Feels like I am having a heart attack and I am going to die. I start to hyperventilate.  It's a scarry and horrible feeling, I have been on prozac & thearpy for several years and happy to say there under control.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 4:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2010