How can I help my brother?

My brother is in a very destructive relationship. He constantly gives not only to his boyfriend but also to his boyfriend's family. Everyone around my brother sees how bad this relationship is for my brother but when anyone tries to talk about it my brother "puts his blinders on" and ignores everything that's said. Last week it got so bad that my brother tried to kill himself after a fight with his boyfriend. So how can i help my brother see that he's in a destructive relationship and help him get free? It might be selfish of me but i want my kids to know their uncle not just hear stories of who he was and see pictures.

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 6:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Family intervention filled with love and a professional. Abusive relationships robs the abused of the ability to think clearly. He may need counseling. If the thought of losing the relationship makes him suicidal. It's normal to be upset, it isn't to want to kill yourself. I'm guessing there is a self esteem issue going on too. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Wow. I don't know. He has to want to be helped and he has to see that he needs help, or out of the relationship. I guess I would say to be there for him and be willing to listen without judgement and try to get him to seek professional help since he tried to commit suicide.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Love is blind, be there for him.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010