okay so touchy subject here: New 'Muslim' stamp.

Why are people wanting to boycott it? Why are people blaming ALL Muslims for what SOME Muslims did? I just don't understand. Aren't there also Over the top, zealous and 'crazy' people pf other religions also? I just don't understand why a whole group of people is being condemned.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with you 100% Very ignorant close minded people are behind that...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• So, my husband and I got that email recently and it was full of "Don't support Muslims" bs. He is in the Army. And he emailed every single person on the e-mail list about how WRONG it is that people are doing this, that he has fought next to honorable Muslims in Iraq and that they deserve our respect. And this is why I love my DH.
    Jenniejen77

Answer by Jenniejen77 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The people that did that were not muslim, they were terrorists, just like the christian people that blow up abortion clinics.

its very hard to understand ignorance, I agree
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Is there really a new Muslim stamp or is it really the same EID stamp they've had for YEARS and shows up in spam email forwards every few months?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You wont see me purchasing it. I will Gladly ask for a another stamp that has something to do with America

1) It's not new. It's been circulating for years and apparently so has the chain mail.
    2) You would have to specifically ask for this in order to receive it at the holidays and even then there is no guarentee your local postal office will carry it in stock. If you don't ask for it they'll give you the basic US Flag stamps.
    3) Your prejudices and hate are showing.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well seeing as how I don't have all the facts about the stamp all I can say is this: Maybe it's not about "condemning" a whole group of people. I'm not sure I'd want to use a Muslim stamp but it has nothing to do with anything except the fact that I am not Muslim.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Is this like rehash every old chain e-mail week or something?

This thing has been going around for YEARS and that stamp has been around even longer.  I just don't get what people get so worked up about.  This is still a free country and the Muslims have just as much right to a stamp as everyone else (and how many Christian stamps are out there?). 

Plus, like others have said, it wasn't Muslims that attacked us on 9/11.  It was terrorists.  I don't blame all Christians when 1 nutcase starts shooting up a school or blowing up an abortion clinic.  I delete all chain mail I get without even reading it.  It's all propaganda.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Some people will always have a problem with anything.  I like having Christian stamps available to me during Christmas so I see nothing wrong with other religious stamps being offered.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree - we need to get over our prejudice and presuppositions when it comes to Islam and Muslims. We can't continue to remain willfully ignorant just because we want people to blame....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• How do you boycott a stamp? refuse to get your mail?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010