Am i gunna go in labor soon? please help!??

Not sure if its because labor is close, or if its just from being in late pregnancy, but my BH are getting SO much stronger, they take my breath away, and changing positions doesnt help, also im having a lot of soft stool BMs sorry tmi. I'm having a lot more discharge and have to wear a panty liner all the time, my back is KILLING me, and it hasn't at all this pregnancy up until now, and I get random Sharp pains and pressure in my crotch, sometimes it actually feels like her head is trying to push through my cervix, and I'm getting sharp pains in my inner thighs. I had tons of energy, but now I'm completely exhausted....am I close to labor, or is this normal for 36 weeks? And do you know any natural ways to help speed up labor? My Dr said the baby is perfect right now, but didnt tell me if I was dilated or effaced, this is my 2nd child and i dont remember any of this with him......help plz?!

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There really isn't anything you can do so induce labor naturally. The best and worse advice I heard what the baby will come when the baby comes. I know it sounds awful, but it really is true. Just be patient and try and relax and if you are relly concerned go to triage and get checked to make sure that labor isn't starting. Congratulation on you LO to be.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• When did you see your Dr last to get checked out?
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 6:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would call l & d. If they dont stop with changing position and are getting stronger they probubly arent BH.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would call my doc and see what they say. If you are that worried you can always go to the hospital. It's better to be safe than sorry. Unless you plan on giving birth at home, then call your doc or midwife! I wish you luck hun. Every pregnancy is different, so it's hard to compare w/ the last one!!!
    sprout.martin

Answer by sprout.martin at 6:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sounds typical for 36 weeks pregnant. You can always go back in and see your doctor if you are worried.

As far as natural methods to start labor, my doctor has always recommended sex and walking, but suggested not doing them at the same time. :)
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 6:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I was at the dr yesterday for my normal appt, but the BH and pressure started late afternoon yesterday, just my luck that is starts after my appt. My the contractions are really bothering me, they almost bring me to tears, but i don't wanna run to L&D just to be sent home. I don't wanna be one of those people who run there for every little thing, and truth be told I'm terrified. I keep telling myself if theyre true contractions my water will break, i guess its part fear, part denial. That's why I asked if it sounded like labor symptoms
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If they are that painful, I would at least call L and D and see what they think. If they aren't to worried try taking a warm bath and get some sleep.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The people that work there would rather you go get checked out now then have to deal with a potential crisis later because you didn't want to bother them. They work in that unit because they enjoy helping ladies through labour and all the fun crappy shit that goes with it. And really, who gives a rat's ass what they think? It's your life and that of your baby. Get your butt in there and get checked out, at least for your own peace of mind. Worst case is you get sent home. It's not the end of the world.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 11:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010