Do you use Emfagrow Toddler Formula?

Interesting thing in the mail today, it's formula geared towards toddler's and it has a little thing showing how non-nutritional milk is for a growing toddler...My guys were breastfed, so I wouldn't give them formula NOW since he has been drinking milk for ever...so what would be the benefit of this? Isn't it the point to get them OFF formula?

This isn't a bash, I am just looking for some enlightenment...

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 6:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They've had next step formula for years.  Even back when my older kids were babies (and they are 8 and 7).  To me it's a marketing ploy.  They want you to dish out more money for more formula.  It's good for some kids that have trouble with milk but I never saw a point to it.

My kids don't even drink milk on a regular basis and never did.  They love it but I don't think they need it.  They drink water, even when they were toddlers.  They get milk in their cereal and can order it when we are out to eat but at home they don't drink it.  And we didn't do the whole milk thing either (only with the 1st 2 kids).  Their doctor never had a problem with it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I used something similiar for a few months with my dd, enfamil next step I think it was called then. She was formula fed and at a year we tried to switch to whole milk, she got horrible diarrhea that didn't let up. The Ped said her tummy may just not be ready yet, so we used it for about 3 months and tried again with whole milk and she was fine.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I know a couple of moms who use it bc their toddlers are still tiny and don't eat very much.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 12:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2010