Spinoff...does racism still exist....

"You're an embarrassment to me. You look like a f***ing pig in heat, and if you get raped by a pack of n***ers, it will be your fault."

"How dare you act like such a bitch when I have been so f**king nice."

"I am going to come and burn the f**king house down... but you will blow me first."

Here is a voicemail Mel allegedly left Oksana:

"This is my last message. I might be the father... Well, f** you... You psycho c***... Because I don't care. Do you understand me? I'm done."

F**king Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," he said before referring to a female cop as "Sugar Tits."

Movie Star , Chauvanist , Halocaust denying racist Mel Gibson gets caught saying what MANY say behind CLOSED doors...Yup, STILL EXISTS

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's very telling that you ask a question about racism and people start complaining about affirmative action and reparations, fer crying out loud. Who in the world is bringing up reparations? I think these comments show an certain amount of naivete regarding the challenges people face just based on their race alone. Not from themselves, at all. The challenges are EXTERNAL challenges, made all the worse by not being able to bring them up without a certain set of people claiming the challenges don't exist. It has to be frustrating. It would take a certain kind of zen not to let this really anger you.

I consider that women face some of the same challenges as people of other races. Not exactly the same, but some of the same.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Hun, I'm a victim of racism too. And you just did it to me ...But as usual the WHITE conservies...which proved my point. This flow doesn't go in one direction. I didn't call you names or impugne you political view. I haven't blamed the victims or the poor for anything. I do expect people to be responsible for themselves, but blaming. You are really taking some wide sweeps with that assumption thing. I blame greed and opportunist to obtain power for most of our issues. These things do not know color. Oh, I may be white, but until I can retaliate by calling you "a black (fill in blank)" without being label "racist", don't you dare call me a "white" anything. The standard may be double, but not with me.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• There will ALWAYS be stupid people in ALL races and sexes and religions. I dont really know why people ask if racism still exists. Of COURSE it DOES/ From ALL sides and it will forever. Again......there will ALWAYS be stupid people! As for Mel Gibson....It's really a shame when men think with what's between their legs. It ALWAYS bites them in the butt ;)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Now that questions makes WAY more sense :) I don't think it's as prevalent as it once was and I think MOST people now that are deemed racist are those that are sick of the chip on the shoulder attitude that you get from some. You werent a slave. There are NO living slave. I am ALL for reparation to SLAVES. If YOU PERSONALLY were a slave then step on up and by all means claim a check. I am sick and tired of people acting like southerners were the ONLY ones with slaves and that EVERY southern white person owned a passel of slaves. It's NOT true! I am ALSO sick and tired of people act like the entirety of the worlds racists live in the south. That's ALSO not true AND puts a chip on MY shoulder ;) See what I mean. I am tired of being blamed for what people I DIDNT know did over a hundred years before I was born because I am white! I would REALLY like it if my white, male, child could grow up in world where HE isnt the villian
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sweet I have said in almost EVERY question asked about racism that it comes from all sides and is from people of all colors. But 9 times out of ten when the story is about racism it's one group that is claiming it the loudest and usually acting like they are the only group of people to ever have been enslaves, denied jobs, treated badly, or otherwise dispossessed. And if you read the FIRST line you would see the answer to your Q the rest was kind of like one example of why people are tired of hearing it. You are RIGHT it has and does exist for MANY people and it's wrong! But it WILL always exist. And Mel Gibson is an idiot, and adulterer, and apparently a bigot on top of it. Not a whole lot of respect for HIM!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• omg. That was just ONE example of racism. And my POINT was that THESE hate crime laws, anti discrimination laws, equal opportunity hiring practice lawsare part of the PROBLEM! You have now taken a segment of the population and said YOU are going to get preferential treatment because SOME people MAY have been stupid before. Soooo those "white male construction workers" are the enemy and need to be blocked and/or FIRED to leave room for ANOTHER race. How the hell is THAT ok? ALL crimes are HATE crimes and no less so because they happen to MY son or daughter and not someones son or daughter who is a minority or gay.  People are TIRED of THOSE practices!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think that if this sort of language and comments were really that common they wouldn't make the news. If everyone is saying, who cares if he does? It makes the news because it's shocking. Stuff that everyone hears everyday isn't shocking.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 8:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sorry, what's your question?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The real question is HOW PREVALANT is it?

How much of this is SAID behind CLOSED doors?

have YOU heard family, friends speak like this?

Do you address it?

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• momof, how did you go from racism to reperations to some wp being sick of black people with a chip on their shoulder?

Racism is about more than just black and white and way more than just slavery. Mel Gibson wasn't thinking about slavery or reperations while saying I hope a bunck of N's RAPE you... or the Jewish comments....

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010