Is it really fair to ask a question like this:

_______ people/mom's ONLY.... It seems like that is limiting your answers and only going to give you one point of view...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It depends on the question. I mean, if you are asking a question about breastfeeding, you don't want a bunch of posts from people who don't think breast feeding is unnatural or gross... Or if you're asking a question about how to or where to do something you don't want people who are against those things to post simply because it's not worth the stress. Now, if you're asking a question like "How do I clean my bathtub" and feel you need to aim the question at "SAHMs" over some other group, their is no point. Or if you are asking a question which is openly anti-whatever, and you are only willing to hear from others who are - join a group... But really, you can answer any question you want, just ignore that stuff, I do. I answer any question I can, whether or not they want my opinion...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• other people answer those questions anyhow!!!
    i think maybe the poster is merely looking for someone with experience.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Depends on what you're filling in the blank. There's a question right now asking for help about bankruptcy and says only people who have dealt with it. On the other hand, sometimes what goes in that blank is just code for "only answer if you agree with me"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't think it matters either way. Even if someone asks for only certain people's answers, she's going to get everyone's whether she likes it or not.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sure, then you can ask a one sided question and only get opinions from people who think the same as you. :) I don't know what question you are referring to but sometimes people seem to need people to justify a decision they have made or are planning to make and don't want to hear opposing viewpoints? My aunt just did this sort of thing to my Dad and became upset and offended when he didn't give her the pat on the back she was seeking.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 6:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree, but I also see this as a way to try not to get bashed. It just makes everyone else more curious so they read and comment anyway thus negating the point.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I always put my two cents in anyway- in fact, I'm even more likely to if I'm part of the group she's NOT including! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010