well prego did your blood test come back bad?

i did the test to see if my baby has downs or the other two things they look for
well out of 100% mine came back 4% it could have downs whick i had a mothers feeling that this baby will. with my last one it was 0%. i need more testing but has any of you had ur test and then have your baby and its fine

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 7:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm guessing that you're taking about the AFP test which measures risk. It cannot tell you if your child will have a chromosomal abnormality only if the risk is elevated. My AFP came back in the higher risk category with my second son. It was done in conjunction with a level 2 ultrasound which also showed some soft markers for a chromosomal abnormality - short humerus bones, and short femurs. I refused an amnio which is the only thing that would have told me 100% if there was a problem. I was convinced the entire time that they were off in there measurements because my doctor was off on the due date which he refused to change. He calculated the due date based on a 28 day cycle and my cycle has always been much longer than that. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was told my baby had IUGR as well....another marker. Ultimately, he was born perfectly fine. Got a perfect 9 on his apgar.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010