i am so fed up with my husband. To make a long story short, he is a dickhead to my son who is not his boilogical son. I am the one who leaves the house for 33 hours a week

to make a living for this family while he stays home with our daughter. I am currently pregnant with our 2nd daughter(6mos), and he thinks that he can have this shitty ass attitude with me all the time, like i am the one expected to go out and work and support this family. I left him monday nad went and stayed in a hotel with my kids and i was so relaxed without his attitude bringing me down and all the stress he beings to me. What should I do?

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 7:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds to me like you are at your wits end. Have you thought about counseling?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• he would not go to counseling, he is stubborn.
    indysownlilbit

Comment by indysownlilbit (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• How old is your son? have you always been the breadwinner? Is he depressed if he lost his job? Too many variables for strangers to make suggestions, I think. Maybe he just needs a good old fashioned ear-lashing.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my son is 5. i ahve nt always been the money maker but since my daughter was born(16mos), w dont want to do childcare so we agreed for him to stay home with her.
    indysownlilbit

Comment by indysownlilbit (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I really think you answered your own question. You are happierwithout him, and your son deserves better it's not his fault he not his biological son, why should he get stuck being around him.   Demand marriage counselling or find a better living situation for your children, all of them.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• that was before i was pregnant with this one!
    indysownlilbit

Comment by indysownlilbit (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would give him a reality check REAL quick. You are pregnant, and you're going to be out on maternity leave soon! You don't need his attitude! Have you talked to him about it? Sometimes guys don't realize that their 'attitude' is actually an attitude. Maybe he is stressing over money. Sit down and talk before you make any decisions, and make sure you let him know that you don't NEED to put up with any crap from him.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear this. It is unacceptable that he isn't kind to your son. It will always be like this so unless you sit him down and have a real heart to heart about this, I can't see it improving. Maybe move out and pay for your own place and show him what it's like to be separated. Let him work to pay for shelter. I totally applaud you for staying in a hotel though. That sends a message!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• that's totally unfair to your son. and he's not being nice to you either... and he won't go to counseling... hmm. maybe daycare is starting to sound pretty good... i had to do that as a single parent, it was actually a really good experience. since he refuses counseling, you might want to go yourself. i was going through some crap with my husband a couple years ago and we were supposed to go to counseling - he backed out but i went anyway. it is actually possible to get some help that way for your relationship as well as your own sanity if you're not ready to call it quits yet.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• End it
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 10:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010