well prego did your blood test come back bad?

i did the test to see if my baby has downs or the other two things they look for
well out of 100% mine came back 4% it could have downs whick i had a mothers feeling that this baby will. with my last one it was 0%. i need more testing but has any of you had ur test and then have your baby and its fine

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 7:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i know my aut had the test done on her daughter and it came back that she was 76% downs. after seririty was born she was not at all downs... she is 4 /o still dont have downs... then my aunt got pregnant again and repeated the test! test came back 80% that he was downs.... after he was born absolutly not downs baby! he is 3y/o and is defiantly not downs
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 7:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• false downs testing is common. you can get secondary testing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• With my 7th baby everything came back wrong, I had a 50% chance he was downs...he wasn't. I failed the Glucose test....but I never got gestasional diabetes. I failed the Strep B test and didn't get enough antibiotics in so the hospital was freaked...he was fine.

I have a prefectly happy healthy 3 year old.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• False positives are very common. You can have a recheck, amnio, or one of the diagnostic ultrasounds. Try not to worry!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT believe this test! Mine came back bad that my lil girl had downs and for weeks until my appt i was a nervous wreck! It was the worst thing i have ever been thru...i tell everyone if its meant to be it will be and i dont recommend these tests...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010