Does anybody else read more than 6 books a month?

I often run out of books to read and need to buy new ones or I will wither away with boredom. My dh says I read too fast and need to slowly read so I don't have to buy more books. Anybody else have this issue?

Jenniejen77

Asked by Jenniejen77 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• I read a lot and I often have several books started at one time, but I can't read 6 in one month.  I never run out of books, I buy way more books then I have time to read.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I used to read a ton of books but now it seems like it takes me more than a month to finish ONE book. In fact, I started Cannery Row like 2 or 3 months ago and haven't finished it yet..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I rarely buy books anymore, I go to the library, where they call me the book lady, since I get so many at once! But I haven't read nearly as much since I found cafemom! I'm down to about 4 or 5 books a month, now.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I read a ton of books. I am a fast reader! I dont have the money to buy books, so I try to hit the library or borrow from a friend. I do have a couple that I love and own!

Whats your favorite book that you have read recently?
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I tend to read 5 or 6 a week, especially during the summer when I'm not working. The kids play in the little pool in the backyard or at the water park and I'll read a book. I can't afford to buy everything I read, so the library is one of my favorite places. But yeah, I go every couple weeks and get a huge stack of books!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I read about 2 or 3 at a time, and go through 4 or 5 a month, I think. It depends on a lot though - especially on what I'm reading. Fiction I can fly by, even as fast as a book a night. But I usually read non-fiction, and write in the margins, so its a more involved process and I read a lot slower that way, especially since I try to not read unless I can really focus. I devoured the whole Twilight series in three days, for example, but it can take me weeks to get through one book by Karen Armstrong, just because I have to find the time I can read without distraction, and I take the time to take notes and write my thoughts in the margins.

Yeah, I'm a total dork, LOL. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I used to use the local library and then I ran out of books (at least, in my preferred genre) to read. Seriously. And the most favorite book I've read lately is Sunshine by Robin McKinley. It's really fantastic.
    Jenniejen77

Comment by Jenniejen77 (original poster) at 2:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I used to read anywhere from 4-6 books per month, depending on the length. I am far too busy for that now--I read at night after the kids go to bed, and I always fall asleep :) I complete an average of maybe 2 books per month these days. I'm hoping as I get older and life (maybe) slows down a little that I will have more time to devote to reading.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I read 2 books most weeks, sometimes more sometimes none. I like to say I devour books but someone close to me says he savors every word and reads slowly. I'd love to be able to read, and eat, like that.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I read about 3-5 a week, so I know the feeling of running out of books! I use the library constantly -- have you used your library's "Request" feature? You can order books from anywhere in your library system and just pick them up and return them at your local branch. I also use the InterLibrary Loan a lot -- I can get books from anywhere in the US! It doesn't work with paperbacks, but it's great for everything else!

And SUNSHINE rocked. Completely. Robin McKinley is one of my absolute favorite authors.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 1:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010