Do you ever have to hide something you're eating?

When I was a kid I remember my mom eating things "in secret" and walking in on dad eating candy after we were supposed to be in bed. It would drive me nuts because "It's not fair". But now that I'm a mom I find that it's "not fair" that I have to share everything I eat with my kids. Sometimes I just want to eat something and have it all to myself! LOL! How 'bout you?!

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 7:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I was actually going to ask something like this because my kids are really starting to tick me off with their "it's not fair" stuff.  Just now my 10yo asked if she could have one of my Nutty Bars.  The kids have their own snacks and I have mine (I can't help it if they ate all their snacks without asking and have nothing left now).  I told her no and they were mine.  I just went to get one and she ate it anyway.  It just ticks me off so much.  Even when I hide stuff they go through my room looking for it because it's not fair that they can't have it.

We buy them all sorts of snacks and they are supposed to get 2 a day but they go in and sneak their own snacks and eat 2-3 weeks worth of snacks in 1 week.  Then they are made when I won't share mine.  The only thing they don't complain about is soda.  Only the adults are allowed to drink it in the house.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• how'd you guess???LOL?? Yeah I admit to having an emergency stash of caramel and brownies... oh and a few oreo's for those gotta have double stuff days! and the older they got the better my stash would have to be hidden better..
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• When I first saw your post I thought, no, I'm not ashamed of what I eat, that sounds like an eating disorder. But, hide food from my kids, yes I don't want to share everything with them and I don't want them thinking they can eat junk anytime they want, like me. I can have cookies for breakfast if I want, they can't.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I do, but it's rare. Sometimes, like you, I just want to have a special treat and not have to give it all away! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Not really - I just wait until they are in bed to eat it ROWL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I hide chocolate from my kids! If they saw me with it, I'd be swarmed! :)
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 7:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I stash certain things like gummy bears from them. I have a sugar habit that I don't want them to get....too late!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No, we share .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• haha, I only have to hide what I eat when I steal it from DH! (like when I steal his debbies, LOL)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• geez i would be so skinny if everything i ate was in plain sight of my locusts. even the baby has her mouth open lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010