Does you 5 y/o girl act

like she is the boss of your others ids? if so how to you disipline without getting mad since she is just trying to help!

liltinymommy

Asked by liltinymommy at 7:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is she the oldest child? My daughter is the oldest and she has always been bossy. I have to remind her that she's not the mom.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My cousin did this when she was that age. I wish my aunt and uncle would have talked to her about it because she grew up with NO, and I mean NO friends. I think just sitting her down and explaining to her that you know she's just trying to help people, but sometimes people need to do things for themselves. Let her know that bossyness is something many kids won't like and it might upset them.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• yea i do that she tells me but mommy jt needs to learn!!! so i repeat " yes but this is my job as a mommy; your not a mommy your a child and you need to be a child for right now!"
    liltinymommy

Comment by liltinymommy (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes, whenever I leave the room I hear "Mom who is in charge!? I am in charge right? She isn't even the oldest child. I get the "but I am their sister" and I return with "I am their Mother and I outrank you."
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010