why is my son falling back on potty training

he taught himself to go potty on the toilet now he is having all sorts of accidents... he was doing so well... i praised him and everything.... never gave him candy or a treat for going NEVER!!! but i always praise him!!

liltinymommy

Asked by liltinymommy at 7:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sadly, he probably wasn't quite ready yet. Give him a break for a few weeks, then try again. If you try and force it, it will take longer. When they are ready, it should only take a few days. (I am getting ready to potty train in a few weeks, but my SIL is an expert- she potty trains kids with autism)
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 7:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• no he is the one who started going to the toilet with out my help and everything... he kept going and had been doing wonderful for geesh 3 months... now he just had his 3rd b-day and he is having alot more accidents!!!
    liltinymommy

Comment by liltinymommy (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sometimes they regress a little before theyget it 100% right..........very normal. Hang in there!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010