Do you allow your children to swim in a lake?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep I live 20 minutes from lake erie and there are beautiful beaches on the lake. Probably won't go this summer as I just had a new baby 10 days ago, but we usually do and it is so fun.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yea! it's the best part of the summer. we have two large lakes where we live and we HAVE to make a day trip to at LEAST one of them a few times a summer.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yep, there's nothing worse than swimmer's itch in most of our lakes here (Michigan can keep their 10 000 lakes, we've got more like 100 000). Some of them are super cold, even on the hottest day in the middle of summer, but it's very refreshing. I'd rather swim in most of our lakes than the ocean.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No way! We live in FL and beside the fact that there are alligators and water moccassins, there is an amoeba that thrives in warm water and it can enter through the nose go to the brain and kill you. They are already telling people in our area to stay out of the lakes.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• NO! My kids don't swim in anything that could have fish in it... It just creeps me out to think about their being fish in their with my kids! Eww! Pools only!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My daughter is 3.5 and she has only swam in a lake once. I am not a big fan of her being in the lake. I would hate for her to get sick from any bacteria lurking in there.
    Jordyn1202

Answer by Jordyn1202 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i have let my 3 year old go in the lake right at the edge when we are at the beach
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010