Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

If you were of the opinion that your friend was mistreating her kids what would you do?

If you had a really good friend that you thought was pretty seriously mistreating her kids, but wouldn't hear advice, input, or correction what would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (7)
  • call cps

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

  • I would call CPS no second thoughts. I don't care if you are my mom, sister, cousin, or best friend. If you are hurting or neglecting your children, I WILL do something about it. No child needs to be suffering with waste of life, parents.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

  • I agree. A child doesn't deserve to be mistreated no matter what. An adult knows better whether she is a friend or not.

    Answer by carmadsmom at 7:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

  • If you have tried to talk to her and she will not listen, you really should call CPS. If you fear some type of retaliation, you can do it anonymously. Good luck.

    Answer by layh41407 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

  • Call CPS. Friend or no friend. if I knew children were in danger thats all I need to make that call. That is a friendship I wouldn't be able to keep simply on that issue.

    Answer by 3Guys1Mom at 8:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

  • Children first, friend last... If talking isn't helping then ya it may be time to call in some help...

    Answer by Judmr at 8:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

  • I would talk to her and explain my concerns, if they were bad enough and she choose to not take my advice I would then consider calling CPS, but that is worst case scenerio.

    Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.