Why do socks come in a resealable bag?

Are you suppose to keep them closed in between usings to keep them fresh?

:) :) :)

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 7:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know. I haven't seen them in a resealable bag. I can only imagine its for people that want to look at them before buying over ripping the bag open first!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• haha Ive wondered the same thing too.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• So you can use the bag later on I guess. You know recyclable plastic.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• DUH, they got tired of people ripping open the bag in the store and shoving them back in and having the store try to tape them back up. So, the resealable bag stopped all that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I dont think thats why bradenismyson...you still have to cut off the top and then you dont have a way to hang it on the rack again.

Plus I dont buy previously opened things unless they are clearanced out or something. I dont think it stopped any of that.
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• LOL yea I've always wondered too. Maybe it's so after you wash them you have a nice little bag to keep them all together so you don't have to roll them once you pair them, cause you know it's so difficult and all ;) Mine you I knew someone who would NOT roll their socks because they were afraid they'd get all stretched out... although they never kept them in the bags, lol.
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 8:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2010