Have you ever used L.A. awesome laundry detergant

... From the 99cent store and liked it? I have been using the target brand and was wondering if the L.A awesome detergant is just as good or just worth a $1?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I never heard of it! We have no 99 cent stores here! How cool to find something you like for a Bargain! Yay!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Can't say that I have but how can you beat a buck worth.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I actually haven't tried it yet. Thats why I am asking. I was wondering what other people thought about it and see if it was a great bargain or a waste?
    JacobsMommy05

Comment by JacobsMommy05 (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Nope haven't tried it yet, but I make my own liquid laundry detergent. About $10 in initial supplies makes more than a years worth of detergent: 3 pack of ivory soap bars, box of borax, box of washing soda and water.

1 bar of ivory soap, grated.....melt in about 4 cups of water, then pour into a 3-5 gallon bucket.
    next add 2 cups of borax and 2 cups of washing soda (found in grocery stores as an enhancer), stir till dissolved then add 2 gallons of warm water and stir until mixed. Use 1/4 cup per load. Stir before each use. This mix will last months (mine lasts about 4-5 months) and you'll be able to make 2+ more batches.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Thanks mom2jack04!!
    JacobsMommy05

Comment by JacobsMommy05 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010