Who did you pick for Godparents and why?

TinaP0223

Asked by TinaP0223 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I picked my sister and brother because they are close to my kids and I knew they always would be. They love them and will encourage and be there for them during religious milestones in their life but also they are just good examples of loving people who really care about others.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We didn't pick anyone. There was no one I felt I could trust enough.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• DH's Brother and his wife. Dh's brother and DH's Aunt.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• For my son we picked my sister and my husbands sister and her wife. Why is because they were people that we trusted and new would love them and take care of them if anything happened to us. For my daughter my husband's sister and her wife again. Why,well they asked and wanted to be so we said why not...we may also have my brother be her's also but not sure yet.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• For my first born his Godmother is my cousin and his Godfather is my brother. We felt that they were the best choice at the time. My other three's Godmother is my Husbands Aunt and their Godfather is my Uncle. My Husbands Aunt was chosen because should anything ever happen to us she will be the one taking care our kids, so it was the best choice. My Uncle was chosen because my brother and I were not on speaking terms and I needed a male Catholic since my Husbands Aunt is not Catholic. My Uncle will see to it that should anything happen to me that my kids will still be involved with the Catholic religion. I know that my Husbands Aunt will give anybody any problems but she is Baptist so this way I know a Catholic will be there to to make sure they are involved with the Catholic religion.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The last sentence should be I know that my Husbands Aunt will *NOT* give anybody any problems
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i chose for the godparents of all my kids my sister and my dad. they are the only people who go to church consistantly. it seems alot of people think godparents are who will take care of your kids if you die, but it's only to teach and guide with religious matters. a will is who will take care of your kids if something happens to you
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010