• In the Spotlight:

Nausea?

I am 9 weeks pregnant and I just started to feel nausea. I never had morning sickness with my first. Is there anything that could help me ease it? I get it a few times a day. Maybe I am not eating enough through out the day? I eat like I normally did. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It would help me to eat as soon as I woke up. Only eat simple foods until you are feelings better...oatmeal, crackers, mac n' cheese, etc. I also had to eat slowly.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am 8 weeks pregnant and mine really just started.

I figured out that my prenatal vitamins were making it worse.

I also eat all day, it helps me to feel better, I just munch. And I do eat slower and not huge meals either.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I had morning sickness all day every day with all 3 of my children......there was absolutely nothing that made mine better. My doctor even gave me medicine to make it go away.....I would also throw that up. I did figure out though what made it worse ~ smells (anything that had a strong odor....from oranges to gas), I learned to avoid them ~ denying what my body was craving ~ if I tried to eat something that my mind didn't want I would throw it back up ~ bumpy car rides ~ The only thing I can tell you is to keep some ginger ale around the house and sip it along with plain crackers.....there are times when that would actually work, also not letting yourself get hungry, try to eat small meals all day.

Good luck & congratulations!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different. I was never sick with my first two pregnancies (one girl, one boy) I sure made up for it on my third. There are several tips and tricks but they don't always work. My doctor suggested drinking your favorite cola (pepsi, coke), The caramel in the soda is supposed to help with nausea.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 7:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Lime aid and lemon-aid from Sonic helped me as well as ginger ale and crackers. I too had all day sickness that the only real "cure" for was anti nausea meds from the doctor, which worked some of the time. I had to stay away from strong smells and banished all perfume/cologne from the house as well as lotions and anything else I deemed smelly. I could not cook or even open the refrigerator and had to wash my coke cans before I could drink out of them. Good luck!!
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 11:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010