My husband's friend is engaged to the most abnoxious woman. Would YOU be okay with inviting her to EVERYTHING and cater to her?

My husband has a good friend, who is a nice guy aside from the fact that I hate how he talks to his kids. His fiance is even creepier to the kids. It grates on me TERRIBLE. Aside from that, the fiance talks NON STOP. Nobody gets a word in edgewise. My family has actually left get togethers because they couldn't stand listening to her anymore. My mil actually said to me, "that woman is an a**hole" lol I mentioned that I was going to invite my friend to our cookout on the third and go to watch fireworks with us. My husband said that it wouldn't go over will with the fiance because my friend is gay. I said "so she can keep her bigoted ass at home!" It is his best friend and they are a package deal, but should I have to give up inviting my friends because it might cause waves with miss freaking motor mouth? My husband seems to think so because he is closer to his friend than I am to the one that I want to invite.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• God I cant stand people like that, I would tell have a hard time not telling her what to stick in that forever yapping mouth.
    ;p
    Not sure what to tell you, I would still invite your friend. Why do you have to sacrafice yours? Good Luck
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 7:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't cater to her. She isn't better than anyone else
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 7:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If they are a package deal would invite her for DH's sake, however I would not cater to her. I would still invite my friends. If she is rude to them, she would be asked to not treat my guests that way. If the rudeness continued she would be asked to leave. This is just me, but I wouldn't not spend time with my friends just because she wants to be a bitch. If she has a problem with YOUR guests, SHE can leave and I would tell her so. They are not their for her they are their for you.
    There is this thing called common courtesy that all people should exercise when at public functions if she cannot use some you don't have to invite her back.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 7:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• id go ahead an d invite both her and the friend and if miss bigot makes nasty comments or was rude in anyway id get her if face about it, if its my house and my "function" then i have a say on what goes down, who comes, and how ppl act. i have asked people to leave when they got rude with me, my family, or other friends and i was never nice about it, im also rightfully called a bitch but ppl now know not to cross me the wrong way.
    ppl like that really get on my nerves. good luck to you
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would still invite her BUT if she steps out of line and is rude to MY FRIENDS I would take her to the side and let her know that is unacceptable to be rude to my guest. If she started getting loud and mouthy then ask her to leave period. Let your husband know that you WILL be inviting your friends over regardless of his his friends fiance feels about it. SHE is the one who needs to adjust to the group and NOT the group adjusting to her bigot ass self. You don't have to invite her if she proves to be a nuisance.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Invite them but when she won't shut up everyone should turn their back on her or talk over her. If she says anything about your gay friend put her in her place.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• your husband is kinda asking you not to. i think you respect him this once. have you thought of politely telling her that she talks to much and that is rude. i would. maybe she doesn't realize it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i don't have hierarchies for my friends. they can either all act like adults and treat each other with respect or the one that is causing the problem can go away. your husband doesn't have the right to tell you not to invite your friend anymore than you have the right to ask her man not to bring her. she sounds like an obnoxious ass... hopefully the best friend will get sick of her one day...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Your husband is okay with his friend's girlfriends dictating who you can invite over? Ummmm, why? She doesn't like the other guests, she can leave, imo.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 9:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• First of all, how important is this friend to your husband? If they are super close like brothers, I'd tolerate her and be nice as I'm sure you know is right. No matter how annoying she is, your friend is happy and that is what matters. Who knows, you two may become friends one day as well, once you really get to know her...
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 6:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2010