I hate my sons name!

So it was the name I wanted the entire pregnancy. But once he was born it just didn't seem to fit him. We couldn't agree on anything else so we went with it. I thought after a while it would grow on him (or me) but he's 3 months old and it still doesn't seem like "him". I wanna change his name so bad but DH says no way his name is "fine" I don't want it to be "fine" I want it to be perfect! LOL

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 8:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry. We decided on McKenna's name like you all did. She was born and she just wasn't a McKenna to me, she was more like a Sophie. I was so disappointed, every time I looked at her I saw a Sophie and not a McKenna. Then she started changing, her face changed, her hair color went from black with white tips to a beautiful red with a darker red tip. Now, McKenna fits her to a T and she looks nothing like a Sophie. Maybe he will grow into his name.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i didnt like my dds name at first. i called her by her middle name. but her first name really grew on me when she got to be about 2 yrs old. and it seems to fit her very well.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• What is his middle name?? Maybe he'd be better suited to go by that? You could have it changed but maybe there is a reason you named him this. Maybe it does suit him and he'll grow into it.

Julie

3Guys1Mom

Answer by 3Guys1Mom at 8:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ummm.... i am not really sure what you can do about it now?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• What's his name?

And I don't think no name will really be perfect with anyone. Just gotta live with your decision.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• His name is Cooper. I actually love the name it just doesn't suit him. My other son is Camden and his name fits him like a glove. I know it's just a little venting I guess. I still hope it will fit him better as he gets older.
    jenae_gist

Comment by jenae_gist (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• maybe in years it will grow on u after saying it so much good luck
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 8:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You've named your baby already. Why do you feel it is not him especially all during your pregnancy you wanted the name give it more time I bet you will be happy you gave it a chance especially when the baby turns towards you to see why is mommy calling him. I am sure it's a nice name. You did not name him after a fruit or a thing of some sort did you?...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• you could come up with a nick name that suits him more. i think cooper is a good name.... maybe he will grow into it (he's only 3 months old after all lol.... not much personality yet)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree with princess...he is only 3 months. Give him some time to grow into it. Sounds cute with his brothers name :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010