Aren't kids amazing?

We are McDonald's and their is a little boy with down syndrome following my 2 year old around. Usually my son freaks out and clings to me if anyone is that close to him but this little boy doesn't bother him. I'm just amazed bc my son is so antisocial!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh, that's really cute. My baby girl is a little social butterfly and we have the kids on the playground kind of freaking out when she runs up to them and wants to play. So...yeah today it was cute we have a new park in our area and it has the water fountains that the squirt the kids and she was so excited and ran up to this little girl and started following her around and the little girl was nice and played and splashed with her. It made me happy to see another child socializing with her and not being standoff -ish.
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• AW...that is a good sign. I bet they both look so cute playing. make sure he gets his hands clean with some Purel or Germ-X that play place they have is very germy atleast here in our area...gross.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That's great he was open to another kid like that!
    Yeah, kids are awesome!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Lol that's cute :]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 8:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Cute! It's usually the parents that are socially awkward at the park I take my daughter to. It's sad b/c my daughter is very social and wants to be friends with all the kids, but you can see that they have been taught to be afraid (or I don't know what) of everyone. They will just ignore her and their parents just stand there like she's not saying "Hi, do you want to play?" It makes me so sad for her when people act like that.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010