Potty Training Q:

I have a 2 year old boy who is blazing through potty training!
He will go 100% of the time if.... he has no pants on.
If he has pants on he has to take them off to go LOL

See he taught this to him self ;o) He gets on backwards and goes.
I have been trying to turn him around but he won't.

He won't use a potty seat.
He won't stand and pee.
He won't sit the right way and hold him self.
And
He won't let me help.....

So now what???

Until he can go without having to take off his shoes, socks and pants we can't really go out of the house and use the potty.

Suggestions???

Julie

3Guys1Mom

Asked by 3Guys1Mom at 8:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I forgot to add his 4 year old brother and Dad has been helping him trying to show him the right way to sit to go poop and to pee standing but still... sits backwards. Julie

3Guys1Mom

Comment by 3Guys1Mom (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No boys here but wanted to say LOL' on the sitting backwards. I'm sure your dh and brother will get the point across...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it is great that he has taught himself in any way. At least he realizes it is not ok to pee on the floor. I cant get the idea through to my two year old daughter. I would say that you should have the other boys show him and encourage him as often as possible and praise him extra for a job done "right" but overall be happy that he is making some progress.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My daughter went through this phase and we have struggled with her for about a year. Luckily we could throw dresses and skirts on her without undies to help out. I would suggest to keep being persistent and find out what will motivate him to go with pants on. ex: special outing, toy, candy, stickers, ect..
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My nephew and son both sat backwards on the potty and completely undressed to go potty until 3 or 4. They just have to pee comfortable enough to do it. Put cherrios in the toilet so you make it "fun" to stand in front of the toilet and "aim" for the cherrios. Good luck!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010