how do you get your child to take fish oil

how did you get your child to take fish oil i was told to get gummy bears and worms to give them to my son with the fish oil pill you can chew it

ilovemyson2002

Asked by ilovemyson2002 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I give my son Coromega. It is all natural without any artifical colors, flavors or preservatives, plus it is free of the most common allergens and it comes in great tasting flavors - orange, lemon-lime and chocolate-orange. It's a liquid that comes in single-serve packets, so you can just give your child one packet a day, so no dosing issues either. My son takes it willingly because it tastes good.

http://www.dasdpg.com/coromega/html/product_omega3.html
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• oh ok thanks i got the pills that he can chew how much did the kind you got cost
    ilovemyson2002

Comment by ilovemyson2002 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have found them at different prices at different places and, of course, always go with the cheaper one, but cost really isn't a factor for me, I simply want the highest quality product I can get that he will actually take. I figure, it doesn't matter if it is a cheap if I'm just going to end up tossing it out, kwim? But to answer your question, it's about $35 for a 90 ct. package, which is a 3-month supply, so it works out to slightly less than $12 a month.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I give the Dr. Sears Omega-3 DHA fruit chews. They would not take any of the liquids.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• oh thanks for the help i will look in to them
    Answer by happytexasCM 2 minutes where did u get yours from the once that i got are pepper mint
    ilovemyson2002

Comment by ilovemyson2002 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• First of all, hemp oil is a better option; it has the optimal blend of Omega 3, 6 and 9. It can be added to smoothies or used in salad dressing (don't heat it)

Add a magnesium supplement, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Answer by rkoloms 4 hours ago oh ok i will look into that too
    my son cant have nonething with dye in it like red he cant even have milk
    ilovemyson2002

Comment by ilovemyson2002 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I buy Barleans fish oil and it comes in a liquid lemon flavor, mine all love it!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I buy Barleans fish oil and it comes in a liquid lemon flavor, mine all love it! Answer by buzymamaof3
    where did you get it from my 7 year all most 8 wont take the chew able fishoil for some reason now
    ilovemyson2002

Comment by ilovemyson2002 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010