Want to plan a girls' getaway with a friend to the beach. One of us lives in NC and one in FL. Please help find a spot that is do-able for both of us as far as traveling goes

akborn

Asked by akborn at 8:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Travel

• Savannah GA...gorgeous, simply gorgeous!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Depending on where you live in NC and your friend lives in Florida, you could go to Myrtle Beach, SC, Tybee Island, GA, or St. Augustine, Fl.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• What about Hilton Head, SC not sure where your friend is in FL but Savannah, Ga or Hilton Head, SC are wonderful.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• One of my favorite cities is Charleston, SC. There is tons of things to do there and the beach is still close by. I personally live in Jacksonville, FL and the beaches here are really nice, but Charleston is more of a "southern hospitality" stay.
    dlscwbygrl

Answer by dlscwbygrl at 8:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Discwbgrl you are right about Charleston. My husband is there on business about 8-10 times a year. The last trip I went with him and we could have stayed for weeks. Just adoring the Victorian architecture was amazing and the people were wonderful.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree about Charleston. The market there is a can't miss.

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Chicago! Great beaches and other activities; non-stop flights from just about anywhere.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Have fun!
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 7:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I second Savannah, GA!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2010