Would it be fun to take a day tour of NYC with a "terrible twos" tot?

I live upstate, and was thinking of taking a trip to NYC with my 24 month old, since she and I have never been there before. She's going thru a "terrible twos" phase, and I'm wondering if this would make the trip miserable. What do you all think? Would it be fun, or would it be a "pulling out my hair" trip?

I'd be going with her alone, and would take a stroller for her use. If need be, I could get a hotel room so she can take her usual nap at noon.

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 8:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• We live in Chicago, so we were used to having a toddler in a city. Use a baby backpack, rather than a stroller. When my daughter was around this age we rode the Staten Island ferry and went to museums.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No thank you not for me. Not unless you plan to discipline her and not put up with it, Why waster your time and money
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 8:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I went with my 6yo and it was hard...but partially because of the walking part of it - oh yeah, and we went in February when it was FREEZING. If she's in a stroller and you can navigate the subways and streets you should be fine. She'd love the Toys R Us in Times Square and things like that. I say, go for it.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 8:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i think all the walking would be exhausting. but as long as she's okay with being in the stroller for long periods of time it might be okay. i know my son is just impossible to restrain so he doesn't like being in the stroller for any amount of time, but you could try it and see how it goes. maybe make it a half day trip if u had to?
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010