Opening a Mosque on Sept.11,10 600 Feet from Ground zero.

Slap in our faces I think. I am sorry but what in the world is our country thinking!! to allowe that!!

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 8:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think it's right either. They could have used more discretion. This is like pouring salt into the wounds of the victims affected on 9-11. Had it been any other religion, I'd feel the same way. I wouldn't like any church, temple, synagogue, etc. being built to represent those who were responsible for the heinous act of terrorism perpetrated on our country.
    MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 4:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think its ridiculous to sit here and say that AMERICANS cannot build a place of worship just because they associate with the same faith that people based THOUSANDS of miles away take out of context to commit atrocities. We cannot lump all Muslims into one negative connotation, especially when those terrorists only make up about 10% of the Muslim population and when those terrorists blatantly ignore the fact that suicide, murder - terrorism itself, even, go completely against what Islam is and stands for - as well as many of the other things they do. They are the equivalent of Christians who bomb abortion clinics, they are extremists who distort the message of Islam, and its not right to lump all Muslims into that.
    People here in the US have every right to worship as they please, where they please. We cannot hold them any more responsible for terrorism than we can hold all Christians responsible for the actions of the WBC.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Muslims are not terrorists. Why does this offend you so much? Are they allowed to build churches by the Oklahoma City bombing?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• And who do you refer to when you say "a slap in our face"? Americans? Christians? Islam is the fasted growing religion in the world, and in this country. Like it or not, they are Americans the same as you and I. There is no question of "allowing them" to build a place of worship. It's protected under the Constitution of the United States.

I am not angry at anyone for thinking these thoughts. This is exactly what you are fed through mainstream media. What if all other people knew of Christianity was the Crusades and Westboro Baptist Church? You don't judge all who follow a religion that is on every part of the globe by a small group of madmen.

I think that the placement of this mosque is an attempt to dispel the horrible misconception that all Muslims are terrorists. I just hope that NYPD don't have to protect this mosque from the terrorists who want to rip down what they refuse to understand.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• There were moslems killed on 9/11 as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The only reason to be against this is if you believe muslim=terrorist. If you can't understand that that is not true, then you will be offended by it. In other words, the only reason to be against a place of worship (which is also an open community center, not just for muslims,) is because you don't like the people that choose that religion. Which is a negative generalization based on nothing but bigotry.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• He is self-described as a radical and fundamentalist. That is what the issue should be with and not the religion.
    __________
    Exactly Jesse. No one bothers to look into the man behind it. He is connected to radical Islam. His book is about how they should have Muslim courts to enforce Sharia law. But everyone ignores this.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Auto...
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/imam_unmosqued_0XbZMwCvHAVdRZEKgx29AK
    "I wouldn't say that the United States deserved what happened, but the United States policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."

"For America to score even higher on the 'Islamic' or 'Sharia' compliance scale, America would need to do two things: invite the voices of all religions to join the dialogue in shaping the nation's practical life, and allow religious communities more leeway to judge among themselves according to their own laws."

His book "What's Right With Islam" was originally "A Call to Prayer From the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Da'wah From the Heart of America..."

Da'wah is Islamic conversion of nonbelievers. Da'wah precedes jihad... if you can't convert them kill them.

Now I know not all Muslims believe this but this GUY does!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• How do you think it looks in other Muslim countries when the terrorist knock down the twin towers, and then build a mosque near where the twin towers stood. It makes it look like they defeated us.

It is just like us raising our flag over another country after we defeated them.

It makes a great recruiting tool for more terrorist.

Deliliahs,

All that goody goody feel good crap is what gets Americans killed.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Delilahsmom,

Where do you get your information, there was not one destroyed on 9/11.

Gees your sure on one today, been reading you giving people hell, and insulting them all over CM today. Are you having a bad day?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2010