Who else is tired of the saying.."because I said so, thats why." ahh. lol

show of hands anyone. did you ever think you would say what your mom said to you. Its getting old in this house. Why must I be questioned all the time. Because I said so,thats why! But then of course follows another question of why? grrhhh...lol

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• but why do you say so? lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• surrenderI am so tired of saying it too. Growing up, I never thought I would say those words. Of course, there are a lot of things I thought I would not do or say but have since I became a mom.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• lmao, my mom always said wait until you become a mother and have to hear all of this crap! of course she was right lol. but i'm not big on 'because i said so." i just say 'who's in charge here?" and that gets the job done without any followup questions lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Maybe try a variation...like "because I know better." or "because mommy is the queen." lol. I understand how you feel. Maybe you could even stump the kid with something like "Why do you think it is that way?" or "Why not?"
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have a 6 year old boy who is going through that phase. It's getting to the point where my voice is changing into some demonic creature everytime he asks why. I'm trying to break him of this habit by not explaining myself. I have a tendency to explain why, but now I'm just telling him to go to his room and leaving it at that. Good luck.
    dlscwbygrl

Answer by dlscwbygrl at 8:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I will say it once, and if I hear my twelve year old say something again, I quickly stop turn around and say, "ask me again why, because you should already know why, and if you dont...then sit there till you can figure it out since you know everything" because he is at that age where he knows everything and I know nothing. lol...I am tired of the because I said so, no keep quiet!
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i can't say that I am tired of it, for I use it alot. I would like another way of saying it though!
    2Toddlers2Teens

Answer by 2Toddlers2Teens at 9:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't have to say that with my kids! But I've been saying it constantly to DH little brother this week!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't think that I have ever used that expression. When children (well, all people) understand the reasons, they are more likely to be cooperative.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My eldest son is autistic so he never went through the "why" phase. But my dh's 10 yo sister has been with us for almost 8 months and she is the queen of why. I told her I don't answer "why". I expect you to do or not do what I ask. I have an almost 3 year old that will probably break me lol! I do hate the word why!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010