How do I know if I am in Early labor if?

If
1.I am dilating
2. I dont feel contractions (High Pain Tolerance)

I didnt know I was having contractions while in labor for a majority of the time.

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 8:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I guess if you suspect you are then go in and get checked
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• well there is a difference between feeling the contractions and not being bothered by them. i have a high pain tolerance too, but i can feel the contractions, know what i mean? dialating doesn't really mean you're in early labor.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• with my 2nd son i didnt know i went to the bath and wipe and there was blood but i diddnt think nonething about since i done the same thing with my oldest son
    and i was dilated to 1 for like a month or so but i was on my way to the hospital it like 30 min away and on the way there i starting haveing pains after i got to the hospital it was a hour and half before he came out and fast one
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my 2nd son was born at 32 weeks. i didn't know i was in labor until my water broke.
    i was having a tightening sensation 4 minutes apart all afternoon. the midwife said lay down and drink some water and see if they space out. they went to 5 minutes apart, so i thought they were braxton hicks!
    i have learned a lot since then!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No, i dont know i am having contractions my stomach hardly tightens even when in labor.
    UAFwife

Comment by UAFwife (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• if you are feeling any kinda discomfort then go get checked out! Even if you are not feeling discomfort if things feel different then the way they have been feeling then be safe and go to the doc! It's better to just waste a trip and be assured everything is fine then to not go and something be going on!
    lynsy07

Answer by lynsy07 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010