Abnoramally large mosquito bite?

I have an abnormally large mosquito bite...its 2 inches long and really sticks out! Should I be worried? Ive never seen one like this before.

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 8:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• Are you sure it is a mosquito bite but then again you could be allergic to whatever type mosquito that bit you. Keep a close watch GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It could be a spider bite. My youngest son has had one before. I put Oil of Oregano on it (it's a natural herbal remedy) and gave him the Oregano oil orally every few hours and by the next morning, it was gone. You can get it at GNC or any other health food store.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am sure it was a mosquito. I got bit up pretty bad last night just sitting on the computer in my house. it was fine yesterday and I just noticed now that it is so big. I havent even been itching it.
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It sounds like a hive, which could be caused by a mosquito bite.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Maybe you are allergic.... I am and when I get bit it puffs up and gets bigger than the size of a quarter....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010