How hard could it be?

I bought some caramel mix to make caramel apples and followed directions and for some reason they were flops the caramel harden so bad you would think it was some ki d of glue...I would make millions...lol Anyway my kids want to eat them now I told them no bc they need to cool off more like turn into stone...lol
I don't get it what did I do wrong....arg!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think you heated it too long, maybe. I did this once with a sugary sauce and it was rock hard when we put it on ice cream.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I've never tried it so....good luck! Sounds super yummy though.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 9:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Wish I knew what you did wrong, but I have no clue. This makes me want some. Will there be any leftovers? That way I can stare at it and not eat it. (on diet)
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• From what I see, a tablespoon of water is added to 40 caramels. I am thinking that either you cooked the sauce too long, this would make it harden, or your caramels weren't fresh. Try to get fresh caramels or press them with your fingers to see if they are soft.

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• How did you heat the caramel mix? Sounds like it was heated too much. Just a guess. Haven't made them in a long time.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• honestly I have no clue.. I would search online for different recipes and see if there are some that differ and try again.

Personally I love getting the cubes of carmel (read directions for heating on the back of those) mix with water (as directions say) and dribbling it over the large marshmellows.. mmmhhhmmmm. use little tooth picks to stick them with ..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010