Should you tell your pregnant friend that her chosen baby names is horrible?

One of my friends is naming her son a really weird name that doesn't even go with the last name. What should i do?

2Toddlers2Teens

Asked by 2Toddlers2Teens at 9:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Baby Names

• Tell her that you wouldn't name your baby that, but if she's happy your're happy :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Let her make her own choice, the only people who have a choice in this matter are her and her so.

Sorry :) Even if its the worst name in the world.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would not say anything since it is not my child to name, but if you do maybe try to see why she is naming her child that. Be nice about it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• what is it? it couldn't be that bad (it's not eggbert is it? lol) you could always call the kid by a nickname, but i think you don't have a say in what your friend is naming her baby.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Tell her the truth if she asks for your opinion. Otherwise don't say anything.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am one of those woman who would tell her that I didn't like it. But, I would also try to get the reason behind WHY she was wanting to name him that, though. It could be something with the babies father's family. It is also possible that she has lost her sanity temporarily due to pregnancy horomones and doesn't realize how bad it will sound. Either way, I would tell her my thoughts.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• it ain't your baby, lady. what if she doesn't like your child's name, hmmm? people usually go through several 'choices' before they actually name their baby..so there's hope for you, yet..maybe she'll ask you for the perfect name and then you can grace her with your choice..for her baby.

sarcasm

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• omg, if i were going to have another baby i would pick the oddest name to tell people, just to see their reactions!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• if she's ur friend, she will respect that u shared ur opinion. but dont expect her to be like oh ok im changing it then. it's her baby, her choice. but you can definitely share ur opinion, i wouldnt keep it to myself
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• go online and see if you can find remarks about the name (like baby name world or whatever has a part where you can see comments people make about the name about how they either used the name to tease someone , or how they (with the name) were teased.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010