paranoid pregnant lady here :)

I am 33 weeks pregnant and I still feel so much of my baby's movements below my belly button. Every so often when I have eaten a lot or am sitting up right I can feel some pressure up by my ribs but never any hard kicks. At my last midwife appt we found out the baby was head down and facing my back. She even tried to poke the baby to get him to kick her and no luck.I feel like all my pregnant friends talk about rib kicks and I really haven't experienced that too much and it makes me worry. Am I just being paranoid??

newmomma14

Asked by newmomma14 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, you're just being lucky. why would you want to get kicked in the ribs??? it really hurts. it's just the position the baby is laying in. why would that make you worry? you can still feel the baby moving so obviously he's not dead or anything..... just curious why that is so important to you lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yea, your being paranoid. For the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy, my son decided to camp out under my ribs.....
    Maybe if you want to feel him move, drink some apple juice.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• it could have something to do with where the placenta is. i wouldnt be jealous of those lung kicks though. they can really be painful.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Are you tall? I am very tall so the baby had plenty of room to stay down low on me. I never had any rib kicks, but I had a short friend who ended up with broken ribs from the baby kicking so hard. She was very short and there was just no where else for the baby to be.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Count your blessing lol. My daughter used to kick my ribs constantly and would take my breath away. It was awful. Not my son (my second child) didnt kcik much in the ribs.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 9:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Don't worry, I never got kicked in the ribs and my boy came out just fine.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 9:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Every baby and every pregnancy is different DD didn't really kick me in the ribs much either. It just depends on how they are comfortable and whether they are kickers or more punchers. DD used to punch me right in the cervix (sorry if TMI) and that hurt. As long as you are feeling movement and kicking/punching of any kind, things are fine. Good luck to you Momma and enjoy your new little one.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 9:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am not tall and from what I hear from my friends I am not jealous :) I am just one of those irrational paranoid pregnant women so I think horrible thoughts. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. :)
    newmomma14

Comment by newmomma14 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Consider yourself lucky! My last one broke my lower right rib, and continued to kick it until the day he was born! It didn't heal until after he was born because of that!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My youngest was short so his legs never reached my ribs...yeah for me!! But with my first 3....OUCH, I swear they broke something everytime they moved!!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010