My doctor doesnt seem conserned...

But I am a little worried. I am 33 weeks pregnant about to be 34 in a day or two & my baby only weighs 4 & half pounds. When I tell ppl they seem shocked, this is making me a little bit scared. Should I be worried. I know the last month the baby gains weight, but I cant help but to be a worred.

zeniasmom

Asked by zeniasmom at 9:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They supposedly gain a pound a week near the end..so, be happy. Not to mention, doctors cannot truly predict the weight until birth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• the doctors can not really tell you how much the baby weighs. it's only a guestimate. i woulnt worry.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• they do gain alot of weight in the last month..... the baby might only end up weighing 6 lbs. which is totally fine and normal. and btw, they are guessing the weight and it is not uncommon for their guess to be way off.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would not be worried. My last one was born at 34 weeks and weighed 5 lbs. Good luck and Congrats!
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Its fine. They told me my son only weighed 6 pounds, he came out weight 8 pounds 9 ounces. If they doctor isnt concerned I wouldnt be either. I know your still going to be worried but remember this is their life career, they have been through this hundreds of times.
    As long as your baby is healthy who cares how much it weighs. Your baby will be fine. :)
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• There's no reason for you doctor to be concerned. That is completely normal. All the weight is put on in the last month. My friend had her baby at 38 weeks and it weighed 4 lbs 12 oz, so your baby is already almost where hers was. You have a nice healthy baby in there and it has nothing but time to put on the chub.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You still have some weeks there for the baby to gain so don't be worried...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The baby's weight gain is more rapid in the last few weeks, so it should be fine. If the doctor isn't concerned it is probably because he or she has seen that many times. My daughter was said to be much smaller than she really was, too. She should still put on about a half pound a week if I remember correctly. Best of luck. I'm sure baby is just fine.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Honestly those weight estimates are just that estimates. They thought my DS was 12-14lbs and he turned out to only be 8 also 9.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 9:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Your baby is fine! They can only guess at the weight! And they can be off as much as 10%! And your baby will gain up to a lb a week until it is born! Which could mean a 10lb baby! Relax!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010