Do you agree with this?

Corporal punishment is agreed upon with the parent, then two (2) swats will be administered
by an administrator in the presence of a witness.
If ISS is deemed necessary or is elected by the parent as an alternative to corporal punishment,
then a fee of $25.00 per day will be assessed. The minimum assignment to ISS is 2 days,
resulting in a cost of $50.00 to the parent.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in

• I wouldn't send my child to that school. A punishment philosophy like this reflects that the culture and methodology is not right for my child.

I'm wary of schools with a strict system of punishment. What is causing the students to behave in such a way that heavy punishments are planned for? It serves the student better to plan for successes than failures.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• this is in regards to the private school again right?

I've had my share of ISS's back in the day, and since they have someone sit in there with the kids, that person is obviously paid and the money needs to come from somewhere. So it makes sense to me.

heck, I think this would be a good rule to instate in public schools! I bet more parents would give a crap what their kids did if they had to pay for it!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• no, that would cost $50.00 to the kid bc i would not be paying for whatever they did to get suspended. i would not let them spank my kid though, but i will also make it clear to my children that misbehaving in school is not acceptable and they will be paying that fine (as well as whatever hardcore punishment i have waiting for them at home).
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• For a public school? No way!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010