What names did you give to your child/ren and why?

I am just curious to discover the meanings behind other mom's choices when it comes to naming children. My children are Darcey Lila, Egan Oliver and Sam Bellamy. Darcey because she was conceived in Arcy-Sur-Cure in France, and Darcey (traditionally d'Arcy) means "from Arcy". Lila was my grandmother's nickname (Elisabetta). Egan is a surname on my husband's side of the family and Oliver we chose because it means olive branch, a symbol of peace, and Egan was born after a significant upheaval in our family. Sam Bellamy we all though was going to be a boy so we chose the name Samuel Belham; Samuel just because we love it and Belham is a family name. When it turned out she was a girl we pretty much just "feminised" the name. Sami was very quiet and attentive as a baby, and we found out that Sam means 'She who listens', which was quite cool to discover. And Bellamy means "A beautiful friend", which I think is a lovely meaning :)

GiadaAlexia

Asked by GiadaAlexia at 9:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Baby Names

• My dd is Brooklynn, she was named after her sister kind of-- my sd is Maddelynn and we kind of wanted to stick with the lynn theme
    reava

Answer by reava at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Kaidan cause my husband liked he name Brian cause it was his fathers name and also his middle name.... Connor cause I though it suited him and Anthony cause its his daddy name,
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Rylie Paige and Nathan Patrick

Rylie got her name because I made a list of about 30 names I like and my husband hated every single one of them except the very last one I said....Rylie. Paige works with it and our last name.

My husband wanted a junior and I wanted Nathan to have his own name, so we chose Nathan and gave him hubby's name for a middle name.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• the only one who has a name which actually means something is my daughter who is named alison after my father (believe it or not allison is his middle name lmao). it's his only granddaughter so i thought that would really make him happy (and it did). the other two (alexander and quincy) i just picked bc i like them. alex does have his dad's middle name though (everton..... i did that just to be nice lol.) i wanted to name my daughter after my mom who has passed away for 8 years now, but my mom always said how much she hated her name so that would not be respectful at all!!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My daughters name is: Dena & my sons name is: Brant- i choose them just b/c i loved them!LOL
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my daughters name is alexis nicole...alexis, because i love the name alex...how it sounds..everything..and i coulda sworn that alex is what i would call her..but i dont...lol..shes 6yrs now, and i called her alex once, and it just didnt sound right..so i call her lexi..suits her perfect...first heard the name when i was in grade 11..a girl in my class was named that and i loved it...the girl was a major bitch...lol..but..i liked the name...so i used it...and nicole..because thats MY middle name.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Jathan Anthony..i chose jathan because i had a best friend in highschool with that name and i loved it..so i stole it. Anthony was his dads middle name
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I just choose names I like because I have to hear them and say them over and I want to totally love them. I named my son Preston cuz I like it, and whether our next baby is a boy or girl, it's going to be Jesse for a boy and Jessie for a girl. I just have always liked that name. I also really really love the name Mason, I love to hear it everywhere, but my hubby thinks it's too common so he wouldn't name our next baby that.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• desiree hope i wanted something different the and i love her name
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Matthew Scott, Jacob Aaron and Mark Andrew...We chose biblical names on purpose. In fact all 14 of my Mom grandchildren have Biblical names. Our youngest son is named after my husbands Grandpa.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2010